Now I freely admit that I’m just starting to get into the various party platforms, and for all I know the other parties are being just as insane. But a little more than two weeks ago, the Liberals were complaining about the size of Canada’s national debt (which they played a significant role in increasing, but that’s a topic for another time), and now they’re making campaign promises that will result in $8 Billion in new spending over the next two years. Even if they somehow manage to raise taxes enough to cover the additional $8 Billion in spending, without significantly slowing down our still recovering economy, we’re going to be left with a huge national debt. I’m stunned.
- Sign Of The Times
- Toronto: Please Stop Calling It A Budget Surplus
- David Suzuki For Prime Minister – No Thanks!
- Library Strike In Toronto
- Copyright Law And The Record Labels
- Governmentium and The Skyrocketing Cost Of The Civil Service
- “Every Year In This Country 300 Kids Take Their Own Lives”
- Sympathy For The Modern School Teacher
- “Canadians” Who Don’t Evacuate Syria Now Shouldn’t Be Rescued Later
- Ontario Election Results Are Frightening
TagsBudgets Budget Surplus C-11 Citizenship Civil Service Consumer Rights Copyright CPC David Suzuki Education Elections environment Hudak Humour Immigration justice Leadership Liberal Liberals Library Strike McGuinty NDP Ontario PC Public Debt rick mercer School Board Street Cars Taxes teacher salaries teen suicide Toronto Toronto Unions WTF